Today I mostly .....

Any topics of general interest (not lada related), post them here.
User avatar
TheWexican
Standard
Standard
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:27 am
Location: Peterborough, UK.

Post by TheWexican » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:30 pm

Zelandeth wrote:Windows 7 on a 700 Series Eee? Didn't even think that was possible! Doesn't the poor little Celeron struggle a bit with that? Have Ubuntu on mine and can't see me changing that. Fantastic little machines though.
Nope! She runs as smooth as a breeze! Granted, I did stick an extra gig of ram in it when when I bought it (2gb in total now). I will admit though that the windows7 install takes up the majority of the tiny 4gb harddrive!

Today I mostly went out for dinner and then watched United seal their place in the final of the league cup. :D

User avatar
Alejoint
Gold
Gold
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Venezuela

Post by Alejoint » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:03 pm

Today I mostly did some work on the Niva's engine: Chased all threads in the engine block, blasted everything with petrol, then with air, then proceeded to install the main bearings.

Proof:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Alejandro Gabatel
1991 Niva 1600
1992 Ford Bronco 4x4
FRONT DIFF BRACKET PROJECT

User avatar
excossack
Titanium with furry dice
Titanium with furry dice
Posts: 6953
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:16 am
Contact:

Post by excossack » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:43 pm

Im stuffed after a 3 course meal to celebrate the wifes birthday
Regards.
John 2E0DHN

Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!

User avatar
TheWexican
Standard
Standard
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:27 am
Location: Peterborough, UK.

Post by TheWexican » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:02 am

Today I mostly....done some spring cleaning and stuck a few things on eBay. Oh, and I sold the alloy wheels I mentioned on Tuesday.

User avatar
Zelandeth
Diamond
Diamond
Posts: 2695
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2002 3:40 am
Location: Milton Keynes
Contact:

Post by Zelandeth » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:07 pm

Tried to muddle my way through work despite having a cold. Really does make a fantastic mess of your concentration doesn't it?
LOZ: Oddball cars, lighting information, and anything else I remember to upload!
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.

User avatar
Hoodoo
No rank
Posts: 3202
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:12 am

Post by Hoodoo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:12 pm

Zelandeth wrote:Tried to muddle my way through work despite having a cold. Really does make a fantastic mess of your concentration doesn't it?
What? :D

Readied the Niva for a trip into the boondocks tomorrow.
Regards,
Hoodoo
'03 Niva 1.7si
Buckley, North Wales.

User avatar
excossack
Titanium with furry dice
Titanium with furry dice
Posts: 6953
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:16 am
Contact:

Post by excossack » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Spent all day laying 3.2sq m of laminate floorinng.
Regards.
John 2E0DHN

Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!

User avatar
Zelandeth
Diamond
Diamond
Posts: 2695
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2002 3:40 am
Location: Milton Keynes
Contact:

Post by Zelandeth » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:19 am

Glared at the snow outside, fell on my backside on the ice outside, and in the continuing battle against this cold, managed to decimate an entire box of tissues in a day. Sheesh.

Getting fed up with this now. I would like full functionality of my nose returned please. Now.

Also would like this snow to disappear...need to drive to Buckingham on Wednesday!
LOZ: Oddball cars, lighting information, and anything else I remember to upload!
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.

User avatar
excossack
Titanium with furry dice
Titanium with furry dice
Posts: 6953
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:16 am
Contact:

Post by excossack » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:44 pm

Finished off the Laminate flooring with some edging trim, glued and nailed. Back to work tomorrow :-(
Regards.
John 2E0DHN

Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!

User avatar
crb247
Diamond
Diamond
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:56 am
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada

Post by crb247 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:31 am

Yesterday I did
Installed the MA818's on the Van. Only problem was there was only one set of upper bushings. I'll have to find some later. Just installed 1/2 bushing on the inside of each with a big ass washer on the outer to keep the shocks from popping off. Will probably fix it tomorrow. Some pics.

Filler valve. Running 80psi for now.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Ale! Good to see your still plugging away at the Niva. I figured you wouldn't have given up on the vernier cam sprocket either.

Going to work..... L8R peeps.
'96 Niva 1.7i Cossack - Daily Driver
'98 MPV 4X4
webby-http://sites.google.com/site/ladacanada/

User avatar
Alejoint
Gold
Gold
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Venezuela

Post by Alejoint » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi Chris! How's the wifey and the lil' ones? I hope spring is kicking in earlier this year?

Yeah, I've been real busy for the last couple of weeks, mostly toiling around with the Niva. With all the hard work coming up on the farm for next month I can't afford to chauffeur the family around like I've been doing for the last five years, so the wifey needs a car FAST.

About the vernier sprocket... I couldn't be more happy! Look what the cat dragged in this morning:

Image

Can't wait to finish putting everything back together.
Alejandro Gabatel
1991 Niva 1600
1992 Ford Bronco 4x4
FRONT DIFF BRACKET PROJECT

User avatar
crb247
Diamond
Diamond
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:56 am
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada

Post by crb247 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:08 pm

That's a beauty!

Wife and 3 of the 4 boys are good.. one is sick (rest to follow :roll: ) I'm going on 23 1/2 hours since last dodo so will be hitting the sack early probably. Going to attempt a horrible butcher job of David's Electric fan mod this weekend if i can get some time to meself and all the bits are out in the trunk.

Glad to see you back on here buddy.
'96 Niva 1.7i Cossack - Daily Driver
'98 MPV 4X4
webby-http://sites.google.com/site/ladacanada/

User avatar
vlad
Bronze
Bronze
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire

Post by vlad » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:47 pm

Started to strip a spare cylinder head to port and polish it (just out of curiosity).

So far:-

2 dead valves (cracked) and 2 dead valve guides (cracked also).

'ring ring....... ring ring.... hello Alan? yes i would like to order some parts please :wink:
Lada Niva 1.7i aka 'Vlad'
Skoda Octavia VRS aka 'Skud missile'
R1 streetfighter aka 'Bob'
VW Corrado project car aka 'Project Tango II'

User avatar
excossack
Titanium with furry dice
Titanium with furry dice
Posts: 6953
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:16 am
Contact:

Post by excossack » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Went to sign up for the Anthony Nolan trust http://www.anthonynolan.org.uk/
as a potential Bone Marrow Doner, if im suitable or match someone elses.
Regards.
John 2E0DHN

Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!

User avatar
excossack
Titanium with furry dice
Titanium with furry dice
Posts: 6953
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:16 am
Contact:

Post by excossack » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:28 pm

Also had the new carpet for the landing and stairs fitted.
Regards.
John 2E0DHN

Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!

Post Reply