Today I mostly .....
Re: Today I mostly .....
Was just woken up again by our alarm, simply stating "alarm active" and unresponsive to the control keypad. Where's my hammer?
Utter pain in the tail this thing. Roll on us being back from holiday later in the year and our being allowed to get a dog so I can kill the electronic system.
The fact that I want a dog aside of course !
Also discovered an oil leak on the Skoda, will investigate tomorrow.
Utter pain in the tail this thing. Roll on us being back from holiday later in the year and our being allowed to get a dog so I can kill the electronic system.
The fact that I want a dog aside of course !
Also discovered an oil leak on the Skoda, will investigate tomorrow.
LOZ: Oddball cars, lighting information, and anything else I remember to upload!
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.
Re: Today I mostly .....
Initiated the move from my currrent ISP Demon and BT phone line to Sky for the lot and upgraded to HD. Been with Demon since it was £10.75 a month for dialup with Turnpike and that's about 20 years!
Regards.
John 2E0DHN
Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!
John 2E0DHN
Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!
Re: Today I mostly .....
Heard from my father that my mother has been taken into hospital.
She has been having issues with severe headaches and nausea for nearly a month now, but the doctor kept insisting it was just an ear infection. Until she collapsed this afternoon. Apparently there is a swelling causing pressure on her brain stem, still being investigated though.
Not good news especially when you're at the far end of the country.
She has been having issues with severe headaches and nausea for nearly a month now, but the doctor kept insisting it was just an ear infection. Until she collapsed this afternoon. Apparently there is a swelling causing pressure on her brain stem, still being investigated though.
Not good news especially when you're at the far end of the country.
LOZ: Oddball cars, lighting information, and anything else I remember to upload!
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.
Re: Today I mostly .....
Heard from my father that my mother has been taken into hospital.
She has been having issues with severe headaches and nausea for nearly a month now, but the doctor kept insisting it was just an ear infection. Until she collapsed this afternoon. Apparently there is a swelling causing pressure on her brain stem, still being investigated though.
Not good news especially when you're at the far end of the country.
She has been having issues with severe headaches and nausea for nearly a month now, but the doctor kept insisting it was just an ear infection. Until she collapsed this afternoon. Apparently there is a swelling causing pressure on her brain stem, still being investigated though.
Not good news especially when you're at the far end of the country.
LOZ: Oddball cars, lighting information, and anything else I remember to upload!
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.
Re: Today I mostly .....
Scheduled re-test for Thursday, 7th August at 4:05 PM.
Can't wait to get my NCT / MOT disc.
Can't wait to get my NCT / MOT disc.
-
Neil Chowney
- Administrator
- Posts: 2641
- Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 8:34 pm
- Location: Whitchurch, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Today I mostly .....
Spent the day having a private tour around the company that makes the new spitfires up at Duxford. Sat in one of the refurbished Mk IXs.
My freind is actually going up in the two seater shortly. Was supposed to be yesterday but it broke down.
Don't ask how much it cost......
My freind is actually going up in the two seater shortly. Was supposed to be yesterday but it broke down.
Don't ask how much it cost......
Neil Chowney
Land Rover Discovery Sport (just sold the Freelander)
Cube Agree HTC Di2
Land Rover Discovery Sport (just sold the Freelander)
Cube Agree HTC Di2
-
Guest
Re: Today I mostly .....
Got the wheel arch liners fitted (thanks Tom) they will save me a lot of future hassle:
Re: Today I mostly .....
Having been here for the last couple of days, spent mostly at my mother's bedside or trying to maintain my father's sanity (he already has mental issues, having had a brain haemorrhage back in 1994), and finally managed to actually get some information out of some of the doctors.
She has lung cancer, which has spread and as such is non-treatable.
At the moment nobody will even give any indication of whether we're talking hours, days, weeks or months. Realistically though it's going to be one of those though, and most likely days or weeks. We don't yet know precisely what type of tumour we're dealing with, and as such whether radiotherapy may be able to at least buy us some time, but currently she is too weak for the investigative surgery needed to figure that out. So the best we can do is treat the symptoms in the hope that she can get some strength back in the meantime.
I'm torn at this point between the desperate hope that we might be able to get her back to a reasonably lucid condition for a while to at least have a proper conversation, or the part of me trying to be realistic in what to expect.
Bad day.
She has lung cancer, which has spread and as such is non-treatable.
At the moment nobody will even give any indication of whether we're talking hours, days, weeks or months. Realistically though it's going to be one of those though, and most likely days or weeks. We don't yet know precisely what type of tumour we're dealing with, and as such whether radiotherapy may be able to at least buy us some time, but currently she is too weak for the investigative surgery needed to figure that out. So the best we can do is treat the symptoms in the hope that she can get some strength back in the meantime.
I'm torn at this point between the desperate hope that we might be able to get her back to a reasonably lucid condition for a while to at least have a proper conversation, or the part of me trying to be realistic in what to expect.
Bad day.
LOZ: Oddball cars, lighting information, and anything else I remember to upload!
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.
Re: Today I mostly .....
All the best Z; we will be thinking of you.
1979 Leyland 998 Automatic Mini. Don't ask...
Re: Today I mostly .....
Rewired some dash switches, removed old unused wires (inc the wires for the hands free kit from the Nokia), found a dead relay and fitted a new fuse box.
Regards.
John 2E0DHN
Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!
John 2E0DHN
Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!
Re: Today I mostly .....
Re-installed Windows 8.1 on my laptop. Nice to get rid of all of those unnecessary programs that are loaded onto it.
Re: Today I mostly .....
So is that called Windows 8.1 then ? lol...GvidoR wrote:..... Nice to get rid of all of those unnecessary programs that are loaded onto it.
Regards.
John 2E0DHN
Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!
John 2E0DHN
Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!
Re: Today I mostly .....
Is the 900e an Amigo ?
Regards.
John 2E0DHN
Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!
John 2E0DHN
Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!
Re: Today I mostly .....
Sky broad band is up and running and 2.5mb faster than my last ISP 
Regards.
John 2E0DHN
Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!
John 2E0DHN
Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!
Re: Today I mostly .....
Video involving Fiat 124 and Lada's.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23b4h ... shortfilms
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23b4h ... shortfilms



