Niva get it bought.

New and used Ladas can be found here
Post Reply
mt500
Standard
Standard
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:45 pm

Niva get it bought.

Post by mt500 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:50 pm


BelfastFella
Bronze
Bronze
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Niva get it bought.

Post by BelfastFella » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:38 pm

I've been looking and looking at this over and over ....

I'm no mechanic....

The bodywork alone looks like nearly every panel would need replaced??
I'd want to repaint it eventually, but it looks like a whole new body would be handier or am I being too pessimistic?

User avatar
sch4463
Bronze
Bronze
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:51 pm
Location: Nr Buxton - Derbyshire

Re: Niva get it bought.

Post by sch4463 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Looks very rotten. Moneypit.

fuel_injected
Standard
Standard
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:00 am

Re: Niva get it bought.

Post by fuel_injected » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:48 pm

went to see this in person, nice enough guy selling it but there are many issues not in the advert. every section of the exhaust is shot, needs a new rad, brake pedal has no effect. the diff lock doesn't engage but it does come with a new transmission which is in a box in the boot. the boot lid and both doors are rotten to bits. the engine seems to tick over and starts immediately off the key but the oil is below the minimum. this thing is a long, long restoration project. the body is in awful condition the whole car looks as though its been left standing in salt water for a few years. its a shame.

BelfastFella
Bronze
Bronze
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Niva get it bought.

Post by BelfastFella » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:54 pm

Thanks for the heads up! Would have been a disappointing trip from Northern Ireland!

Geoff Stainer
Bronze
Bronze
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 2:10 am

Re: Niva get it bought.

Post by Geoff Stainer » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:32 am

Could be bought as a useful source of spares though. That's the reason I obtained a second one. The body was shot to hell, but apart from the clutch cylinder the "mechanicals" are fine and a spare steering box for a RHD Niva is always a reassuring spare to have as they are impossible to get now. I'd hate to have to get rid of mine if something like that were to fail.
G.S.S.
Lada Niva Hussar
Volvo V70

BelfastFella
Bronze
Bronze
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Niva get it bought.

Post by BelfastFella » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Michalakis wrote:what about this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252507225637

I was hoping no one would notice this....
Tom, what do you think about it?
A friend looked at it and said it looks like it's been in an accident with the way the wheels are positioned in the arches, but I'm hoping its just because of the angle it's sitting on?
Being in NI, means I can't really go view it...

BelfastFella
Bronze
Bronze
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Niva get it bought.

Post by BelfastFella » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:26 pm

Michalakis wrote:It seems nice but I can see it needs bodywork on all four fenders, there is a dent on the rear left panel by the vent originating from the tail light...
and i bet the black trim on the tailgate hides rust as well.
underneath?
mechanicals?
I think the wheels are because of the slope it is parked on.

If that helps I traveled the exact same distance to buy mine, although in your case there is the Irish sea in between :lol:

P.s Look at that tailgate badge thought :o

I just missed this by £20!! Properly gutted. After 3 years of telling myself I'm going to get one I miss out by twenty quid!
And it turns out a friend is dropping two cars over to Ludlow, from Northern Ireland next week and coming back with an empty transporter so I would have had a free lift! It just gets worse!

Health to drive for whoever bought it, chin up, a better one will come along and all that.....

Post Reply