Niva for sale
Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:28 am
As some of you may know I have rescued and brought a Niva back to life
I'm not sure if I want to keep it as a run around - for me the challenge is the rescue and bringing it back to full health again. So with this advert I wanted to see if there is anybody out there in Niva world who might want one
1997 Niva - rh drive, uk model with just 18,000 miles on the clock (will increase a bit as I am driving it around), its a 1.7i single point fuel injected, teal blue/green colour, black fabric interior.
The sale was clearing the original owners 'estate' - had stood for a year or so - I bought it and brought it back to life with work including;
Full engine service - tappet and camchain adjustment, new oil/air/fuel filter, new oils in engine, front axle, g/box (with Baxter recommended overfill), transfer box, rear axle, new spark plugs, rear brake shoes replaced (all other brake parts good - all flexi's look quite new), replace fuel evaporator cannister as it had split, replace master cyl resevoir and hose, adjust and lube etc where needed, replace all four front axle cv boots. Four new tyres fitted. New towbar fitted. New battery. Adjust steering box and fill with oil. New locking fuel cap. Exhaust looks not very old - is a recent replacement I guess.
Body - never been welded and doesn't need it - rust underneath wire brushed and two coats of hammerite to those areas - so body is pretty tidy - had some local repairs particularly the front wing vertical seam behind the headlight
MOT - passed no advisories - so 11 1/2 months left
Driving - well its a Lada Niva - what more can I say ! I have done about 300 miles since MOT. It buzzes along at 65 ish on the motorway. Fuel guage has a mind of its own, it runs cool on the guage. Hi-Lo transfer box and diff lock all work ok (incl orange light on the dash). Windows wind up and down, door locks work, four seatbelts.
It's got a couple of glitches - small crack (approx 4" long just one of the two laminates)) in windscreen on passenger side, heater doesn't work, needs a bit more cleaning to the interior (not bad but could be better), its had some local repairs to body and - its a Lada Niva.
At the moment I haven't waxoyled/undesealed the underside but I do plan to - so there is nothing hidden or disguised with underseal. I did some clear waxoyl in body cavities around the front wing areas.
This is a very good example - never been messed with (no big wheels or jack up etc).
What is it worth - I know what it has cost me (more than I anticipated) - I would like £2,350 or somewhere around there (is that way off the mark?)
Anybody interested in buying before I put it for sale on the wider ebay/internet?
Located West Sussex
07734 832720 Peter
I'm not sure if I want to keep it as a run around - for me the challenge is the rescue and bringing it back to full health again. So with this advert I wanted to see if there is anybody out there in Niva world who might want one
1997 Niva - rh drive, uk model with just 18,000 miles on the clock (will increase a bit as I am driving it around), its a 1.7i single point fuel injected, teal blue/green colour, black fabric interior.
The sale was clearing the original owners 'estate' - had stood for a year or so - I bought it and brought it back to life with work including;
Full engine service - tappet and camchain adjustment, new oil/air/fuel filter, new oils in engine, front axle, g/box (with Baxter recommended overfill), transfer box, rear axle, new spark plugs, rear brake shoes replaced (all other brake parts good - all flexi's look quite new), replace fuel evaporator cannister as it had split, replace master cyl resevoir and hose, adjust and lube etc where needed, replace all four front axle cv boots. Four new tyres fitted. New towbar fitted. New battery. Adjust steering box and fill with oil. New locking fuel cap. Exhaust looks not very old - is a recent replacement I guess.
Body - never been welded and doesn't need it - rust underneath wire brushed and two coats of hammerite to those areas - so body is pretty tidy - had some local repairs particularly the front wing vertical seam behind the headlight
MOT - passed no advisories - so 11 1/2 months left
Driving - well its a Lada Niva - what more can I say ! I have done about 300 miles since MOT. It buzzes along at 65 ish on the motorway. Fuel guage has a mind of its own, it runs cool on the guage. Hi-Lo transfer box and diff lock all work ok (incl orange light on the dash). Windows wind up and down, door locks work, four seatbelts.
It's got a couple of glitches - small crack (approx 4" long just one of the two laminates)) in windscreen on passenger side, heater doesn't work, needs a bit more cleaning to the interior (not bad but could be better), its had some local repairs to body and - its a Lada Niva.
At the moment I haven't waxoyled/undesealed the underside but I do plan to - so there is nothing hidden or disguised with underseal. I did some clear waxoyl in body cavities around the front wing areas.
This is a very good example - never been messed with (no big wheels or jack up etc).
What is it worth - I know what it has cost me (more than I anticipated) - I would like £2,350 or somewhere around there (is that way off the mark?)
Anybody interested in buying before I put it for sale on the wider ebay/internet?
Located West Sussex
07734 832720 Peter